Let’s Adopt! started as Facebook-based group motivated by one single goal: to help animals in need in Turkey. It had no affiliation whatsoever with any associations, foundations, NGOs or similar institutions in Turkey, or abroad.
The genesis to its creation is the belief that all of these have badly failed Turkey’s desperate animals to this day. You can build bridges but the empty space remains – some things never change. The animal protection system in Turkey was not working. Period.
Let’s Adopt! was and continues to be about building new bridges – one animal at a time, one individual at a time – to connect a new generation of animal activists in the world with one another and leave the old guard behind.
In recent years Let’s Adopt! has expanded exponentially. Reaching to rescue animals throughout the globe. With chapters in Germany, Indonesia, Bulgaria, Canada and several others, Let’s Adopt! is establishing a network-of-good where animals will be given the best opportunity for rescue, immediate care, and survival. We incorporated in December of 2011 in the State of Massachusetts, USA with the goal of continuing this growth and furthering our mission.
There are a number of conditions for adopting an animal through the Let’s Adopt! network.
1.Prospective adoptants should have at least one other animal under their care and be able to demonstrate their ability to take care of animals through their history with this already existing animal. Animals are individuals with thoughts, feelings, and personalities. Only by having an existing animal can Let’s Adopt! feel comfortable knowing that the adoptant is aware of this.
2.Should a prospective adoptant live in a home with a garden, he or she should guarantee that the animal to be adopted through Let’s Adopt! will live inside the home as opposed to the garden only. To live with the family. To be a part of the family.
3.Individuals who adopt an animal through Let’s Adopt! agree to create a photograph album later on that contains images from the new life of the animal to be shared with all members of the network on an ongoing basis and to be published on our blog. It is the glue that connects and inspires the community.
4. Let’s Adopt! animals will be fed a species appropriate raw diet. The commercial pet food industry has proven to at best not fully benefit the health of the animal, at worst physically harm animals. With Cancer as the leading cause of death for companion animals in industrialized countries, one common factor remains the commercial pet food diet. With the ever expanding outsourcing of pet food and ingredients to unregulated production markets, a new danger has emerged. Once Let’s Adopt! saves an animal we make ever effort to ensure its long, healthy and prosperous life. Raw is the only way to do this.
5. A Let’s Adopt! home must be a non-smoking home. Second-hand smoke kills hundreds of thousands of companion animals every year. Most of Let’s Adopt! animals have been close to death prior to rescue. We do not put them back in that situation.
6. No de-clawing, de-barking, or any other kind of cruel behavior modification procedures or methods are allowed. Ever. Period.
7. Additional conditions may apply in individual cases.
There are also important ground rules in Let’s Adopt!’s modus operandi that we would like all prospective adoptants to be aware of:
- Let’s Adopt! is entirely about rescued animals and animals in need. It does not assist individuals who are seeking to adopt a particular breed, or an animal with particular characteristics. It is those same mindsets that have put many of our animals in dire situations to begin with. Inquiries of this sort will simply be ignored.
- We are accountable for all our animals for life. We rescued them; we will protect them; we will watch over them. To some this may seem intrusive. To us, and all of our adoptants, it is comforting.
Please write to us to learn more about our activities: firstname.lastname@example.org