If you are reading this right now, you are probably as angry and disappointed as I am. Yesterday, in a decision that they will have to come to explain later, Kickstarter cancelled our project, I AM MONKEY!!..
Why would a fundraising platform cancel the production of an photography book depicting the daily life and adventures of a 3 month old kitty?
Our project had been approved. Let’s Adopt! is a non-profit we reached out to them to clarify the nature of the project and the specifics of our organization. Each and every detail had been discussed, and approved. Still, I am Monkey was cancelled, why? Here is why…
Kickstarter caved in after days and days of receiving non-stop calls and emails from Tanya Fusco and her group of nameless human rejects, calls loaded with lies accusing Let’s Adopt! of being a terrorist group, scammers, and who knows what else. Noone wants to have to deal with a gang of obsessed scumbags with a grudge. Kickstarter had a choice, allow an approved project like ours to continue of having their offices engulfed by the whiff of decay coming out of those people’s mouths. They made a quick calculation, how much money were they going to make out of our little e-book? A few hundred at most… and then they did what most companies without principles would have done. They killed Monkey.
Should we be angry? Yes.
But nothing else.
Whilst this decision could affect any small artist or photographer running it’s own creative project, it means very little for us, and let me show you why… because the total amount of funds raised through Kickstater’s own community was barely 2% of the total. The remainder, 98% of the total amount raised until the moment of suspension had come from you, Let’s Adopt! members, most of you, my personal friends.
So nothing is lost. And to show everyone that is is the case we are going to channel that anger, make a point and throw a little fund raising party in honor of our friend Tanya Fusco…
I invite every supporter and backer of I AM MONKEY!! to donate to this Chipin. Many of our friends have bowed to double the amount originally pledged, and Im not going to say no to that generous offer. So, if you want to really make a point and truly stand for what it right here today, I would invite you to, if possible, to double or at least increase your original pledge.
What are you going to get in return? Three things:
1. I AM MONKEY !!! The e-book, with an special prologue by me.
3. The incredible satisfaction of knowing that you are participating in something amazing, something that saves lives, something that is greater than ourselves. This is our chance of showing everyone what Let’s Adopt is really made of. A group of individuals that will yield to nothing both to save an animal’s lives, and to fight for what is right.
NEEDLESS TO SAY, each and every cent donated to this Chipin will be used by Let’s Adopt! to save lives, because that is what we do, much to some villain’s desperation.
The initial goal of this Chipin will be 5.135 USD, precisely the same amount that had been pledged after the first week in Kickstarter.
Once we reach that amount, I will make an announcement, I will cancel the initial goal, and let the project raise funds indefinitely.
I predict this to be our most successful fund raise event to date. I predict, this book written by our beloved Monkey to set an example for everyone out there. Help me, prove me right.
Please, dont let those who tried to kill him win, please support I AM MONKEY!!! TODAY!!! It is important….
P.S. For those that want to see what this e-book will do… please watch this video…